Sunday, November 6, 2011

Desserts, slippers, and being present


 Anna and I made our fav dessert tonight... "The Founder's Favorite".  I am now cuddled up in the computer room chair right now, with a cozy blanket and my arctic boot slippers.  I had a few moments to relax, the children are asleep, so I went online to watch some mormon messages.  I watched one by Elder David A. Bednar...maybe I'll put up the link later... I love how he asks the questions, is what I'm doing helping me to love, lift, and serve?  I don't think it's just teenagers that face this temptation.  It seems to me that many of us can easily get distracted with SOOO many other things.  I hope all of us could take the time to be more PRESENT for our loved ones.  Some of my goals with my family are:
  • be excited about what they're excited about
  • look them in the eyes when they're talking to me
  • have weekly dates with my children (Stephan and I take turns on that one, Thursday nights we rotate)  it's sooo great!  Anna and I went for a hot chocolate, Kimball and I went glow bowling, Sam and I went to DQ for a "medium" blizzard...and Norah gets dates with me everyday.)
  • lay it on thick with the praise and on the downlow with the bossing around...please refer to latest great parenting book here it is amazing!!!! 
  • make sure that I am well rested and healthy so that I am not a CRAZY woman
  • This lecture is for me.  I am sure no one else is crazy and has everything under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment